Friday, July 15, 2011

10weeks old!



New blog for our newly completed family! Sam joined our family on May 5, 2011 by scheduled c-section. He came out screaming and with a full head of dark brown hair (and my nose!). His sisters adore him and they have been great helpers already. He has been a bit challenging, but I can't believe how much I love him. I knew I would, but sometimes it seemed impossible to imagine that I could love him as much as I love Joc and Liv. Sam has reflux and is on Zantac. It seems to help and that coupled with adjustments like raising the head of his bed, etc have helped his little belly a lot. I can't believe 10 weeks have already gone by. He is growing so fast... no really, he is growing like a weed! He is in the 90th percentile for both height and weight. A very healthy little guy! Lea had her baby girl 5 weeks after Sam was born. Kaia joined our family on 6/8. She is a real cutie. I can't wait for next week when they will be here for a 2 week visit. We will get to see our godsons (Steve is Ben's godfather and I am Nathaniel's godmother)! It has been about a year since the last time they visited and I miss my sister a lot.
Right now, the girls are watching the Backyardigans (theme from their birthday party this past year) and Sam is in his swing falling asleep. (shower time for Mommy!). The Fisher Price swing that goes side to side has been a lifesaver! Joc and Liv love playing with Sam's "entertainment" (bouncy seat, swing, playmat, etc). I think I need to buy stock in Duracell knowing how much their "babies" love to swing, bounce and be entertained by various battery powered toys!
I'm enjoying my last month of maternity leave (ever!). So glad it is summer and we can spend time playing with family and friends and hanging out at zoos and pools.

No comments:

Post a Comment